Life's Goal - - - ACCOMPLISHED!!!

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Jerry Moll, Jarvis Umphers, Eddie Simmons, Tony Secoy, Loyd A Wilson, Moderators

Mike Stephens
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Mike Stephens
City, State: Ripley, TN
PKC Member Since: 18 Mar 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 02 Feb 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0

Life's Goal - - - ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Postby Mike Stephens » Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 pm

It amazes me to reflect back at how dreams, visions & goals changed throughout (my) life. From the time I can remember back to, I wanted to be a veterinarian, underwater welder, race car / boat engine builder and MMA fighter. Reality set in in 1982 when I graduated I had to go to work at something right then. I went into maintenance at a local factory and 33 years & 5 different factories later I'm still at it.
I wanted to have lots of kids too. That was before I realized how much they cost!!!! No, fact is it was my calling to raise 2 little kids w/o their mom. I didn't know how I was going to do that but I knew I didn't want them to have an evil stepmother. I'd never experienced that but stories I'd heard scared me to death. I had different job offers with much more $$$ but it would require me sacrificing time with my kids. The hunts I use to travel to, I had to stop going so far away. And it seemed to be working out well.
Health issues!!! Oh my, I've had 2 major surgeries on my internals, a broken leg, broken arm and a broken neck. For a while it seemed I wouldn't live for long. So, besides praying for forgiveness, being thankful for what I have, I started praying real hard to the Lord to please let me live long enough to get these 2 kids grown. I have no parents alive no brothers nor sisters so all I worried about was who would raise them.
This is not about me being a parent. This is about my prayers being answered. I am so thankful that 2 weeks ago my daughter graduated college and tonight my son is graduating high school. I hope I'm around to see my grand kids grow up but that will be a bonus. The Lord answered my prayers. I'm thankful. I'm not greedy. If I go tomorrow I'll go happy.
** I CAN DO A LOT MORE WITH A DOG THAT'S SPLIT TREEING THAN I CAN WITH ONE THAT'S SPLIT TRACKING **

Jason Miller
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jason Miller
City, State: Quitman, MS
PKC Member Since: 29 Apr 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Jul 2020
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $39,543

Re: Life's Goal - - - ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Postby Jason Miller » Fri May 20, 2016 8:49 am

Congrats, awsome read...
"If you are asking why, then look to the sky and pray. For only through Jesus can all questions be answered"
Jason Miller

Jerry Moll
Director - Field Operations
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $29,791
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Postby Jerry Moll » Fri May 20, 2016 9:28 am

Awesome testimony Mike. I can relate, my daughter Erin is graduating from college tomorrow. PTL!
Please prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!
[email protected] @ 812.212.1619

Andy Harper
Gold Member
PKC Name: Andy Harper
City, State: Pearson, GA
PKC Member Since: 31 May 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 07 May 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $9,952

Postby Andy Harper » Fri May 20, 2016 7:39 pm

That's what I'm talking about right there. Something worth reading and even teared me up a little. I've never met you but you must be an awesome man. I pray for you to have many wonderful years to come.

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”