• Be sure the Hunt Director announces how many dogs are entered and what the payout is.
• Make sure the selected judges are called up to randomly and blindly draw their guide and other cast members in front of all members present. If not, ask the hunt Director to re-draw the casts properly in public.
• Check the Hunt Results link at prohound.com frequently, it is updated every day. Be sure it shows the same number of entries that were at the club the night you hunted: http://www.prohound.com/3549-listresults/?View=C
• If you observe Hunt Directors not following the PKC Cast Drawing Procedures or if you see an inaccurate number of entries on the hunt results page, contact PKC with details immediately.
CAST DRAWING PROCEDURE (Page #24 Blue Book)
1. Hunt Director should begin drawing casts immediately following the deadline, but never later than thirty (30) minutes after the advertised deadline. Note: Open Events may not be held with less than three (3) entries.
2. Determine total number of entries and number of casts needed.
3. Prepare required scorecards with all information completed, including deadline to return scorecards.
4. Select required Judges from the entry labels and affix one to each scorecard.
5. Select the required number of guides from the entry labels and place in the "Guide" container.
6. Prepare one blank entry label for each three (3) dog cast, if any. Write "three (3) dog cast" on each and include them in the "Hunters" container with all remaining entry labels.
7. Once all entry labels are in their containers to ensure a "blind" draw, allow each Judge to draw his cast. Judge should draw a guide first, and then the remainder of cast, checking to be sure that no person owns or co-owns more than one (1) entry per cast. Be sure that the names of the Judge and Guide are indicated on the top of the scorecard.
8. Announce the number of dogs, the payout and the deadline, and then call casts.
Ask the Hunt Director to send the hunt report the following morning, after the hunt.
Located in this forum are recent announcements made by Professional Kennel Club.
1 post • Page 1 of 1